Since you’re part of the #StarSquad then we know you love entertaining. Summer is in full swing and whether or not you need a few amazingly fun activities for the Fourth of July or the rest of the summer, look no further! We compiled an awesome list of easy DIY games that will bring laughs and fun well into the night.
1. Lawn Scrabble
- What You Need: Cardboard, Markers and Scissors
Make a real life, huge version of scrabble! Kids and adults can play and who doesn’t love a little friendly brain teaser competition!?
2. Popcorn Drop
- What You Need: Popcorn, Cups, Empty Boxes, String
Attach any size cups of popcorn to your shoes and hustle across the lawn trying not to spill! The person with the most popcorn at the end of the race wins! This game is excellent for families, adults only or kids only. You can make teams and have prizes for the top winners.
3. Dunk Bucket
Who doesn’t want to dunk someone on a hot day!?
- What you need: Five Gallon Bucket, Chair, Tennis Ball, Washer/Doorknob, Wood for Target, Piping
- Take some wood and cut out a target
- Take wood and cut out base for 5 gallon bucket. Make sure the bucket is well attached to the bucket platform or base.
- Use hinges to make bucket and target move sideways and attach bucket and target to tree or fence.
- Use washers, doorknob or some other mechanism to hold bucket up. The knob will be pushed behind rim of the bucket closest to the tree/fence.
- Use piping as a delivery method to fill the bucket. Attach to tree/fence.
- Sit person in front of bucket and throw tennis ball at target (repeat if necessary).
4. Frozen T-Shirt Race
- What You Need: T-Shirt, Plastic Bags
Soak a bunch of t-shirts in water, place them in plastic bags, and then stick them in the freezer overnight. The next day, hold a race to see who can “defrost” and pull on a frozen t-shirt the quickest. This is a great choice to play on a sweltering day–you’ll want to keep the chilly t-shirt on even after the race is over!
5. Water Balloon Dodgeball
- What You Need: Water Balloons
This one is pretty self-explanatory: dodgeball… but with water balloons. Just don’t aim for people’s faces.